about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

make: a mini-spool necklace (with the kids!)

Mini Spool Necklace

On Monday, I shared a necklace that I made with a vintage spool, and today I have something similar that you can make with children (or by yourself, just because). This one was a combined effort from me and my baby sister who is now six. We made a sparkly one, but you could do this with lots of other options, like lace, yarn, or regular embroidery floss.

Mini Spool Necklace

You'll need:
Mini spools - these are 1/2" and were found in the wood section at Hobby Lobby
Metallic floss
Craft glue
Ball-chain necklace

Mini Spool Necklace

Glue one end of a piece of floss onto a spool. Let it dry. Depending on the age of your child, you may want to do this ahead of time for them.

Mini Spool Necklace

Let your child wrap the floss around the spool, then secure the end with some more craft glue. The wrapping doesn't have to be perfect, because it's nice with a little character, right?

Mini Spool Necklace
Mini Spool Necklace

Once the glue has dried, thread the spools onto the chain necklace, and it's ready to wear!

Not only are these fun and easy to make, they make pretty little gifts for ladies of all ages!

13 comments:

  1. So cute! That would be a fun birthday party craft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!
    This is really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are super cute!I will have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:20 PM

    This is so fun! I love Rachel's idea about it being a birthday party craft. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:39 PM

    Mollie,

    You always come up with the greatest projects. I love your site! Did you have any Fish and Chips in England - they're the best.

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, and yes, they would be lots of fun for a party!

    Maureen, I meant to, but never had any fish and chips. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great!! Since I have boys I'll just have to make myself one, or two . . . or . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great idea!!

    Grace

    http://herumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun idea! And it looks really pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute idea! That really looks adorable =) I love that thread! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is very cute. The colorful thread makes it especially pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute necklace! Would be awesome to wear to craft shows!!

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!