about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

calendar // old teacups for a new may

Stitched & Sewn Wall Hanging

My brother showed me a cartoon of someone expressing their dismay at how fast March flew by, before realizing that it's now May. Seriously, this is my life.

A third of April was taken up by a family vacation to Disney World, for which I'm so thankful. It's just hard to process that we've reached a new month already.

A new calendar desktop can be found at the end of this post, but just in case you missed them, here are a few I've made for other blogs around the web.

The wall hanging above is an easy way to display finished embroidery...that isn't in a hoop.

Stitching Tiny Flowers

I love tiny stitching, and if you're wanting to make some itty bitty flowers, I'll show you how over on About.com.

Embellishing Printed Fabric

And don't miss these ideas for embroidering over printed fabric.

DIY Felt Beads

Make felt beads, turn them into a necklace, and gift them to mom or your favorite teacher!

Perler Bead Smores Box

Even as an adult, I'm still addicted to Perler Beads. Which made this S'mores Treasure Box even more fun to create for Handmade Charlotte!

Nature Mobile

Over at Hello Bee you can find this Nature Mobile to make with your kids! Someone I know made one with a hoop made from craft sticks. So smart!

Wooden Toy Phone

And I don't have a smartphone (collective gasp!), but I do have a super cute DIY wooden phone now. With rainbow apps!



Finally, as promised, here's this month's calendars. They're based on the teacups that were part of the Alice in Wonderland set that I made waaaaayyyy back in 2011. Five years flies by almost as fast as these months do!

Add it to your computer or handheld device, or grab the printable version below.


For iPhone 6+, choose the iPad version. To use the iPhone and iPad versions, click the link for the wallpaper you want. When it opens, touch and hold the image until it pops up with the option to save. After you've saved the image, go to your settings, choose wallpaper, then find the image you've just saved.

You can also download and print an May calendar PDF. I recommend printing this on card stock, and then trimming it. You can color your calendar, or leave it black and white because that looks cool too!

3 comments:

  1. Love these embroidery ideas. Do you have any idea what fabric is used for the hs and trees sample....?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was from So Happy Together by Deena Rutter for Riley Blake

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!