about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

pattern // squid and ink splats inspired by splatoon

Splatoon Embroidery Pattern


Do you play Nintendo's Splatoon or Splatoon 2? Or maybe someone you know plays? Well today I have an off the hook embroidery pattern for you!

I have always have a soft spot in my heart for video games, even when I don't always have the time to play them. On occasion I'll work on crafty projects while watching my siblings play, and they're the ones who introduced me to Splatoon. I tried playing a bit, but it didn't go well and I let it go.

And then Splatoon 2 came out, and I decided to try again. And I was hooked.

If you're not familiar, in this game you play as a Squid Kid (or Inkling) and you team up to try and cover an area with your team's ink. It's fast-paced and so much fun!

Now when I have a few spare minutes, I try to play a few rounds splatting colored ink all over the place. The style and look of the game are so appealing and it's really engaging. The best part is that I get to connect with my younger siblings. We don't play together (the game doesn't exactly work that way) but they love giving me tips, cheering me on, and discussing our mutual disdain for certain maps.

The natural next step for me was to draw an embroidery pattern inspired by the game. And here it is, complete with happy ink splats.


You can use any stitches you like for this, but I do suggest what I call the polka dot stitch for the large round bubble splatters. I can't wait to get stitching, and I even have a special technique that I've been thinking about for ages and will finally try. Yaaayyyy!

Now, in the words of the Squid Sisters, stay fresh!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:49 AM

    I am not able to download the pdf. Thanks.

    Margo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! It should be working now.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous7:44 AM

      Thanks, Mollie.

      Margo

      Delete
  2. I've never played Splatoon but your design is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also having issues with the PDF. It keeps giving an error message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be fixed now. So sorry about that!

      Delete
  4. great pattern, though seem to be wasting time at the moment with your hexi puzzle cannot get it right!

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!